Full details on iOS 6 coming this fall
Apple also introduced a preview iOS 6 during his keynote a few hours ago. This new version of the mobile OS from Cupertino has over 200 new features! iOS 6 is already available in beta (SDK) for developers and will be released to the public this fall as a free software update for users of iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, the new iPad The iPad 2 and iPod touch (fourth generation).The main new iOS 6 are:- A brand new app Maps, exit Google Maps, with map data designed by Apple, navigation step by step, the real-time traffic and Flyover, a new aerial view quite spectacular photorealistic 3D.
Note also the proximity search which allows access to information on 100 million businesses, with information sheets that include rankings, reviews, bargains and photos of Yelp.
- Siri new features including support for new languages, with easy access to sports scores, recommendations of restaurants and cinema. Siri is also now available for the new iPad. In addition, Siri enhances hands-free operation with the new mode without eyes (Eyes Free) which can interact with your iPhone using your voice only.
- Facebook integration in Contacts and Calendar, with the ability to publish directly from Notification Center, Siri and other compatible apps like Photos, Safari and Maps. Information from your Facebook friends are updated on all your devices iOS, whether their contact information in Contacts, or appointments and birthdays in Calendar. You can also say “I love” from the App Store and iTunes, and see what your friends advise.- Shared Streams Photo: photo slideshows with linking shared via icloud. You and your family can then say “like” and comment on any photo to a shared album.
- Passbook: an application to centralize all tickets, vouchers. Passbook allows you to scan your iPhone or iPod touch to use a coupon, enter a concert hall or register at the hotel. Passbook automatically displays your tickets on your lock screen according to a schedule or a particular place.
- Guided Access: this new feature of IOS 6 allows a parent, teacher or an administrator to disable the hardware buttons to block an IOS device on a single app, which can be particularly useful when testing or to help a person with disabilities to focus on learning. Guided Access also helps to limit interaction to touch certain parts of the screen.
- New features in mobile Safari as tabs icloud, playlists offline, uploading photos and full screen.- FaceTime calls are now supported on mobile networks.
- A “VIP Mailbox” so that you can create faster access to messages from important people that you designate as VIP.
- The possibility to reject incoming calls with a quick message, and set a reminder to activate a new Do Not Disturb.
- A set of enhancements and services specially designed for iOS users in China, including improved text input and the integration of Chinese popular services, including Baidu, Sina Weibo, Youku and Tudou.